CLICK THE SEARCH BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO VIEW OUR CURRENT INSTRUCTIONS
As well as farms and small holdings in this section you are able to search for all properties in rural locations. Our extensive connections throughout the farming community in the North West, North Midlands and North Wales involves us in all aspects of rural property and land. Some examples are set out below:
- We are experienced in the marketing of a wide variety of rural property throughout the North West.
- We sell farms, smallholdings, farmhouses, cottages, barns for conversion and converted barns, equestrian property, farmland, individual paddocks and development land.
- We advise on the most appropriate method of sale for each property:- auction, private treaty, formal or informal tender.
Lettings and Management
We advise on the letting of rural property and undertake lettings on assured shorthold tenancies, farm business tenancies, grazing agreements, contracting agreements and licences. We advise on Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 tenancies, including succession and Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995 lettings.
We manage rural estates, single farms, bare land and rural dwellings and tailor our service to suit clients’ needs.
We can provide a Full Management service including rent collection, rent reviews and regular supervision etc. or Rent Collection only, all in accordance with RICS regulations.
We undertake valuations in accordance with RICS guidance and provide advice relating to valuation issues for a variety of purposes including:
- Letting/Rent Review
- Compulsory Purchase
- End of tenancy claims
- Easements and Wayleaves
- Expert Witness
- Telecommunications leases
Planning and Development
We have extensive experience in advising land and property owners on a wide range of planning and development matters.
We can identify development potential and advise on the best means of promoting it.
We negotiate with developers on behalf of landowners terms for development options and conditional contracts and liaise thereafter with developers in ensuring that clients’ interests are safeguarded. We negotiate the price payable with developers following the grant of planning permission.
We submit planning applications on behalf of landowners and negotiate with local and unitary development authorities in relation to a wide variety of property for many alternative uses.
We advise upon and apply for Certificates of Lawfulness of Existing Use or Development.
We submit appeals against the refusal of planning applications and enforcement notices and appear at public inquiries as expert witnesses and advocates.
Agricultural Law and Practice
- We have extensive experience in and knowledge of the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986, the Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995 (farm business tenancy law) and related Statutory Instruments, case law and agricultural subsidies including the EEC regulations relating to Entitlements to the Single Payment Scheme.
- We advise on town and country planning matters relating to agricultural holdings.
- Two of our partners are on the panel of agricultural arbitrators.
- We present cases and act as expert witnesses at arbitration and Tribunal hearings.
We are agents for the Agricultural Mortgage Corporationand as such submit applications for loans on behalf of existing and prospective customers of the AMC and value agricultural property for the AMC for secured lending purposes.
You can make contact with a specialist agricultural valuer through any of our branch offices.
Initial advice is free and without any obligation.